The other night, I left Ambassador, where I'd been drinking with a friend after work. Well, she was drinking, and I was playing with her iPhone and ignoring her completely -- the same way every man in every bar ignores me.
Fortunately, not all was lost that night because I stepped into a cab where the driver began our drive with the question, "Don't I know you from somewhere?"
YES. We all know what that question means --> I want to do you, but I have no idea how to start a conversation with you.
So I began thinking to myself, "GOD DAMNIT why do I live so far from Ambassador?!"
I assured the cab driver that I was certain we'd never met before. He then told me that he was on his way somewhere but picked me up because I was "so beautiful." Scoff. Puke.
He then proceeded to tell me all about himself. He drives only on the weekends because he's actually a writer. He's written a book that he usually brings along with him when he drives because he sells at least 4 copies each night. Oh yeah. He's also a rapper who freestyles.
He then handed me a flyer and told me I should watch him freestyle next Thursday night at some bar I've never heard of. I was like, "Yeahhhhh... I don't really go out on weeknights."
His response? "Well for you, I'd freestyle for FREE. Anytime."
My response? Silence.
I did NOT want my cab driver to start freestyling to me during what felt like a torturously long odyssey home. Thankfully, before he could start, we arrived at my house. Fortune was on my side for the first time. Thank you. Thank you so much.
Before I left, the cab driver introduced himself to me and shook my hand. His words were, "My name is MC Mars." OMFG. MC Mars.
Oh yeah. One more thing...
The best part...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Click here to see my cab driver.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment